Light, fluffy and moist lemon loaf cake! Every bite is bursting with fresh lemon flavors and is perfectly topped with a 2-ingredient lemon glaze. Honestly, this is BETTER than the Starbucks loaf!
I have some recipe testing days that don’t go too well, but there’s also days I nail a recipe and CAN’T WAIT to share. This was one of those recipes! This loaf pairs well with a cup of coffee in the mornings or even when you want a sweet snack that will wake up those tastebuds 🙂
I wanted to bake a simple lemon loaf without all the other additions and I’m so happy this one turned out so amazing! Trust me, this one is a good one!
Moist Lemon Loaf Cake with Lemon Glaze
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil softened
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare a 8×4 loaf pan with parchment paper or oil spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt.
- In another large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light + fluffy. Crack in eggs and mix in lemon zest, lemon juice, almond milk and vanilla. Add dry ingredients into wet ingredient bowl, Mix until just combined.
- Transfer loaf mixture into prepared baking pan and bake for 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- While loaf is baking, prepare glaze by sifting confectioners sugar into a small bowl, then whisk with fresh lemon juice.
- When loaf is done, allow to cool for 15 minutes in pan and then place on cooling rack. Pour glaze over the tops and allow to cool for 10 minutes before slicing into 8 slices!